Friday, August 24, 2012

First time in Paris for this uncultured American!


Ahhh Paris... I finally understand the legend behind this marvelous city. Within the first hour or so of being here I'd fallen in love with it. The splendor and beauty of this city is without bounds! I love the history that is here and the fact that as we wander the city it feels like we just happen upon famous and magnificent buildings and monuments. So far I've enjoyed my first Parisian crepe and some ammmazing cheese and champagne!
I had my first Crepe here!!!
All this in just the first night we were here!

Now that we've had time to explore the city properly today, that feeling has grown. I could spend forever here wandering the streets and enjoying the cuisine. This morning saw us sitting at Laduree (albeit not the one on Champs Elysees, which is the one Jenn wanted to take me too) enjoying some Cafe au Lait and some delicious pastries & bread. I can see why Laduree is so famous and would gladly go there for breakfast forever if I could.

Strolling along afterwards down Champs Elysees we made our way to the Arc De Triomphe and ascended to the top.
The Arc is amazing!
What an amazing view of the city, surrounded by what felt like the very heart of Paris.
The Champs Elysee from the Arc!
Afterwards we walked to Musée de l'Orangerie and saw the amazing water lily paintings! It was nice to sit after walking and take in the paintings in all their splendor.
The view of the Eiffel Tower from the Arc de Triomphe!

Monet's Nympheas Water lilies!
I'm definitely enjoying Paris and can't wait to go on other amazing adventures here!

No comments:

Post a Comment