Sunday, August 21, 2011

Mt. Rushmore

We made it out of the wilderness (read: no showers) of the badlands. After a few days of hiking and waking up to some amazing natural views, we are taking on the other end of our trip. Currently at Flintstones campground just outside Custer State Park and the Black Hills. Probably one of the funnest campgrounds so far! Certainly the best meal we've had on the road so far. I recommend the Cowboy Crumbles..... fresh apple crumb with cinnamon ice cream... so yummy. If only I could remember the name of the restaurant. As far as our visit to Mt Rushmore goes... yikes. I'm sure this probably makes me a bad American, but I have to say I was seriously unimpressed. The "strenuous" presidential trail leading to the parks "best" views was a boardwalk with maybe 20 stairs, and let me tell you those stairs left me less winded than walking into my front door. I was also less than impressed with the views... sorry America but Rushmore is going on my I wouldn't even bother list, right along side the mystery spot. If it weren't for the campground and the really neat Needles Highway/Iron Mountain Road we took today and the awesome stuff we are doing tomorrow I'd be sorely disappointed in this area. I do really recommend the Wind Cave which was really cool and well worth the visit.



Ryan and I in the Badlands!

BUFFLOOH!!!

Ryan was sad he couldn't get into heaven at St Peter's Pearly Gates- they locked him out (literally).
I told him to try again in a hundred years.


Please tell me you wouldn't be freaking out if you drove by this at 2am... I was.

My dutiful shot of Mt. Rushmore

Yabba-Dabba- Doooooo!!

And of course Carhenge... YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment